It all began way back in 1998 in association with the Boryeong Tourism Organization to promote the city as a tourist destination. Now, it is a celebrated festival which popularity rises year by year, and people even those coming from abroad would love to visit Boryeong to splash out the fun. Every summer, Mudfest occurs along Daecheon Beach in Boryeong.Its no doubt that Boryeong Mud Festival attracts the largest number of international visitors. The mud is taken from the nearby Mud flats and brought over in truckloads, Fully immersed in both the mud and the festival’s great atmosphere, visitors can enjoy various programs, ceremonies and activities listed below:
– Mud Game
– Mud Obstacle Marathon
– Mud Experience Center (Mud bath & mud massage)
– Mud Slide
– Mud Kid’s Land
– Opening Ceremony & Closing Ceremony
– Mud Mob Scene
– World Mud Beauty Festival
– Boryeong-si Local Music Concert
– Hip-hop Rave Party
– EDM Festival, etc.
– Mud-time Character Performance
– Fountain Square Open Concert
– Korea’s Tune, Pungmul (folk music) Experience
– Black Eagles Air Force Air Show, etc.
– Boryeong Mud Festival Photo Exhibition
– Boryeong Local Products & Handcrafted Items Sale Exhibition
Visitors enjoy mud wrestling, mud sliding and even swimming in the giant mud bath the most. They can also relax and feel the goodness of mud in mud massage corners. The festival lives on until evening where the seaside area is alive with music and fireworks.
*photo source: https://blog.naver.com/kej4055/30172994833