Beautiful park. Came here with family to watch the sunset over the Hangang and didn’t get to explore as much as we wanted because it got dark pretty fast. There are lots of areas to walk around and a convenient store to buy snacks and refreshments. It’s a trek to walk up from the parking lot, so I recommend paying the 3000 KRW(about 2.3$) to get a round trip shuttle service ticket, especially if you have little ones. The last shuttle was at 8 pm, a bit of a line formed after dark. Highly recommend a visit to spend the day. Lots of cute dogs and a great place for families.
The view from the top of the park was breathtaking. The hike uphill was challenging, but I would do it all again to see the Han River and the city.
Though I did this mini excursion by myself, I recommend going with a friend, especially near sunset. I recommend taking the slopes (primary path) instead of the stairs. The stairs on each side of the park do not have lights, so it was pretty dark and scary when I went down.
There are buses that run during the weekend if you do not want to climb the whole hill. Bikes are at the bottom of the park when you first enter. (You need to download an app to unlock and rent them.) I would not recommend renting a bike since biking uphill is quite difficult.
Restrooms: There are restrooms at the top of the park.
I went for a walk with my family
It’s nice to have a bathroom nearby.
Haneul Park, also known as Sky Park, is one of five thematic parks that make up the Seoul Olympic Park in Seoul, South Korea. Here is some information about Haneul Park:
1. Location: Haneul Park is located on Mongmyeoksan Hill, which is part of the Seoul Olympic Park. This park is located in the northwestern part of the city of Seoul, offering beautiful views of the city.
2. History: Haneul Park was originally a waste dump for the city of Seoul which is no longer active. However, in 2002, to prepare the Seoul Olympic Park for the 2002 Asian Games, a pile of rubbish was transformed into a beautiful park known as Haneul Park.
3. Uniqueness: One of the most striking things about Haneul Park is the expansive grassy hill that stretches throughout the park. This hill is the result of a change from a pile of rubbish to the greenest open land.
4. Eulalia Festival: Every year, Haneul Park hosts the Eulalia Festival which features a spectacular landscape when the eulalia (a type of tall grass) flowers in autumn. This view is amazing and attracts many visitors.
5. Activities: Apart from enjoying the views and natural beauty, visitors can walk, cycle or have a picnic at Haneul Park. The park also has fun biking trails and hiking tracks.
6. City View: Due to the park’s elevation, visitors can enjoy great views of the city of Seoul, especially at sunset. This is a popular place to take photos and enjoy the panoramic beauty of the city.
7. Sustainability: Haneul Park is a great example of sustainability efforts and revitalization of a previously unused area. The transformation of a rubbish dump into a beautiful park is an impressive feat in environmental management.
Haneul Park is a comfortable place to escape the noise of the city and enjoy the tranquil beauty of nature. It is also an ideal place to exercise, relax or simply enjoy the spectacular view of Seoul city.
You can hike or take an electric car up the mountain to enjoy the scenery
Went to Haneul Park during autumn and it was quite crowded. I took the 291 steps of stairs instead of taking the shuttle bus. The views worth taking the 291 steps, people went to this park to have a picnic and just strolling and relaxing around. There is no entrance fee to enter the park unless you take the shuttle bus.
It is the only place in Seoul where you can see a huge grass field. Seoul is a place with a lot of tall buildings. Because of these tall buildings, it is not easy to see the wide grassy fields. However, since Sky Park is a high-rise land, nearby buildings cannot be seen. All I see is a reed taller than a person.
Haneul Park was originally a landfill for decades. The amount of garbage was staggering. As a result, we were able to collect the garbage and create a mountain. Sky Park is the result of a mountain made of trash coated with soil.
Healing space with the best sunset in Seoul.
Nice a chill place to visit, beautiful flowers and tranquil. Only thing was there wasn’t much shade so it was pretty hot when we there, prepare an umbrella if you do not like the sun!
Picnic area: There are many picnic tables and benches. Very convenient~~♡
I love this park,just across the world cup stadium..You will have a nice panoramic views of the parts of Seoul.