Sangumburi (산굼부리) is a crater with a circumference of over 2 km, and has been designated as a Natural Monument. It is located on the southeast side of Jeju-si, and is a flat crater, about 650 meters wide, 100 meters deep, and 2,070 meters in circumference. If you look at the crater from above up, it looks like a man-made circular stadium. There is a variety of plant-life in the crater. On the north side, Nandaeseong vegetation such as red-thorn trees, and magnolia trees grow, along with the rare winter strawberries. On the south side of the crater, Ondaerim vegetation such as evergreens, maples, and mountain strawberry trees cover the area. Because so many different kinds of trees and plants grow in such a limited space, it attracts the attention of researchers as well.
Popular nearby, compatible sites for a private tour in Jeju:
Jeju Mini Land
768, Bijarim-ro, Jocheon-eup, Jeju-si, Jeju-do
제주특별자치도 제주시 조천읍 비자림로 768
Summer Season (March-October) 09:00-18:40
* Last admission is at 18:00.
Winter Season (November-February) 09:00-17:40
* Last admission is at 17:00.
* Closing hours are subject to change depending on weather conditions.
Adults 6,000 won / Teens, Children, Seniors 3,000 won
Group (more than 20)
Adults 5,000 won / Teens, Children, Seniors 2,500 won
People with disabilities (lv. 1-3)
Adults 3,000 won / Teens, Children, Seniors 2,500 won
* Adults: College students and older / Students: Middle to High school students / Children: age 4 and older / Seniors: age 65 and older, proof of identification required
* Group of 20 people or more