The National Museum of Korea is located about 1.5 km away from Yongsan Station. It is the largest museum in Korea and houses precious Korean cultural assets that tell the story of Korea’s fascinating history, from ancient times to the modern era.
The museum is also close to Yongsan Family Park, a grassy wooded park with a pond that serves as a natural habitat for various species of birds, as well as over 80 different kinds of trees. The War Memorial of Korea, also nearby, is located next to Samgakji Station, and 1 km from Yongsan Station. It displays a vast collection of wartime relics.
In addition to galleries with a wide array of national and international pieces, the National Museum of Korea is the stage for a number of cultural activities related to collection, preservation, research and analysis, social training, academic publications, intercultural exchange programs, concerts, and more.
Visitors of all ages get the opportunity to participate in a number of educational events and quality cultural programs. For those who prefer to tour at a leisurely pace, the museum grounds have a number of environmentally friendly spaces and rest areas.
Popular nearby, compatible sites for a private tour in Seoul:
Dragon Hill Spa
N Seoul Tower
137, Seobinggo-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 용산구 서빙고로 137 (용산동6가)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 09:00-18:00
Wednesday & Saturday 09:00-21:00
Sunday & Public Holidays 09:00-19:00
* Children’s Museum – Opens until night time only on last Wednesday of the month (First come first serve basis after 18:00. 200 Tickets will be sold at 18:00 and 19:30 for each time)
* Ticket Booth: Last admission is 1 hour before closing time
New Year’s Day, Seollal (Lunar New Year’s Day) & Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day)
Admission / Participation Fees
Free admission: Permanant Exhibition, Children’s Museum, Free Planned Exhibition
* Permanant Exhibition: No admission ticket required
* Children’s Museum: Information desk at the museum entrance
* Ticket purchase is available at the ticket booth in front of Planned Exhibition Hall. Visitors should present their admission ticket to enter paid special exhibitions.
* Last admission is one hour before closing.