Gwangmyeong Cave is where joys and tears of coal mining workers remained intact. It was the heart of the evolution of modern industries in Korea and also a historical site of the Japanese colonial period. It takes pride itself as being the only one cave found in the metropolitan cities.
After going through a complete transformation, the cave re-opened its door in 2011 as a living museum and a historical site. Cave Aqua World, the music and art hall, and golden waterfall, golden paths and golden palaces adds extra mysterious elements to its exisiting exotic atmosphere.
Popular nearby, compatible sites for a private tour in Gyeonggi-do:
142, Gahak-ro 85beon-gil, Gwangmyeong-si, Gyeonggi-do
경기도 광명시 가학로85번길 142 (가학동)
Seollal (Lunar New Year’s Day) & Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day) Holidays
* Make a phone-inquiry to check for availability as it is subject to changes depending on the situations.
– Mining experience: gold panning, mineral panning
– Wine sampling
– Hanging on a golden plague
* Separate fees applicable for all hands-on activities.
※ Last admission is 1 hour before closing
[Gwangmyeong Cave (including Wine Cave)]
Adults 6,000 won / Group 5,000 won
Youths 3,500 won / Group 3,000 won
Children (ages 3~elementary school students) 2,000 won / Group 1,700 won
* Group: 20 or more people
* Free admission for infants (aged 3 & below) and seniors (ages 65 & over).
* Please be aware that those who are exempt from the general entrance fee are still required to pay the entrance fee for wine cave (Adults 1,000 won / Youths and Children 500 won)